The Corbin Family

The Corbin Family

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It looks like Fall, but feels like Summer in Indiana!













There is something about October that I just love. I don't know if it is how the leaves change into the most beautiful color of orange, or the foods of Fall; like caramel apples and pumpkin bread, or if it reminds me to slow down and spend time with my family.


Today we went to Huber's Orchard and Vineyard, in Starlight , IN. We started out with a little trip to the pumpkin patch, then on to the petting zoo, and kiddie zone.



It is very hard to get into the "Fall Mood" when it's 86 degrees outside. I can't remember a Halloween when I wasn't freezing when we were finished trick-or-treating. But we had a great time anyway.



I annoyed my family captured the moments of today with my new camera that I received as my Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas/Columbus Day/New Year's present. I have been eyeing this new DSLR Canon for a while, and when my old camera finally died last month- I had a reason to get it! Now. I. have. to learn. how. to. use. it. Sigh....



I read the entire manual last night and I am feeling totally overwhelmed with camera jargon.


But, today I took her out for a spin and she surprised me. I remembered some a minute amount of the things I read last night and came out with a few gems of the day.







These pictures are my favorites. My husband calls them my "out of focus" pictures. But I LOVE THEM! And I am proud of my first attempt with manually adjusting an aperture and shutter speed.







But I have much much much more to learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment